Wednesday, November 16, 2011

#19 Internet History

I thought that this video was very well done. It was informative and somewhat intriguing. The presentation was very interesting, those graphics were awesome! It was so much more interesting than the day we spent on the history of the internet in my Media and Culture class last semester. The voice over was done very well too. There is something about a British accent that makes sound instantly intellectual and interesting.
     I knew most of the things that were presented in the video, like DARPA and the ARPAnet. I did not know about the counterparts from the Brits and the French. I thought was interesting that it was the French that came up with the term "internet". Who knew? And they came up with a way to streamline the process of information moving from one server to another. I didn't understand all of the technical talk that went on the video, but I got the gist of it. It is indeed remarkable that some form of the internet has existed since the 1960s. There have been so many changes and improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment